Editor’s Note: Sunshine Request makes no claim as to the veracity of any statements or information contained in any of the requests, or public records, we receive.
01/29/19 Editor’s Note:
This request, as it was sent in to our site, is called “Buncombe County Sheriff Department”. However, there are already numerous requests on our site with similar titles. Therefore, to avoid any confusion when the new request is submitted, we’re amending the title of this request to be called “Buncombe County Sheriff Department – Hires, Jobs, and Documents”.
**Editor’s Note: We have received numerous requests specific to information about the Sheriff’s Office. You may view all at the following links:
1. (Completed) Buncombe County Sheriff Citizen Advisory Committee
2. (Completed) Buncombe County Sheriff’s Office Personnel Advisory Board
3. (Completed) Buncombe County Sheriff’s Reserve Deputy Policy
4. (Completed) Buncombe County Sheriff’s Dept. Employee Salaries (July 1st 2016 – June 30th 2018)
5. (Completed) Sheriffs Office Salaries
6. (Completed) Buncombe County Sheriff’s Office Domestic Violence Calls for Service
7. (Completed) Buncombe County Sheriff’s Office Sexual Assault Calls for Service
8. (Completed) Sheriff office Buncombe County
9. (Completed) Sheriff department
10. (Completed) Buncombe Sheriff Squad Deployments
11. (Completed) Buncombe County AntiCrime Task Force
12. (Completed) List of all Bunc. Co. Sheriff department staff
13. Buncombe County Sheriff Department – Hires, Jobs, and Documents
02/15/19 Editor’s Note: This request was marked as “Complete” on our site as of Feb. 13. After that, we received a new request for additional clarification called, “Buncombe County Sheriff – Newly Created Positions vs Replacing departing employees”. We’ve “Closed” that request, and merged it with the current request above. For this reason, the current request will be reopened and marked as “In Review.” We will review and respond to / send to government next week as we’re able. The clarification requested is as follows:
Subject: Buncombe County Sheriff – Newly Created Positions vs Replacing departing employees
Message: “Thank you for providing the benefits information. Most of the other questions were not answered. The original request that was not answered could be reopened or this could be a new request.
1. New Hires since November 6, 2018 (Including: Title, FullTime/PartTime Designation, Employee Name, and Date of Hire or Start Date).
– No reply was offered.
2. Indicate what New Hires were hired to fill New Positions newly created in the Sheriff’s Department since November 6, 2018.
– No reply was offered. Maybe is it easier to think of this as asking if new hired are in new positions versus are replacing departed employees and that will show how many new employees are on payroll plus the details requested.
3. Indicate what New Hires are filling positions that had existed and were previously staffed but were filled by New Hires since November 6, 2018.
– No reply was offered. See above for explanation of the question.
– The response from the government to the questions on date: Feb 12, 2019, 2:11 PM said – Below is the employee name, title, hire date, full time/part time designation, and salary or hourly rate of new hires from 11/6/2018 to 1/26/2019. – and nothing was below. Maybe this has already been put together but just wasn’t attached. The original request was https://www.sunshinerequest.com/records_request/buncombe-county-sheriff-department-hires-jobs-documents/
– The reply says that the only qualifications for employment in any administrative position with the sheriff is to be fingerprinted/undergo a criminal background check in addition to taking a drug test. Please confirm that is what you meant to say. Sounds like a very open minded hiring system.
Thank you for taking another shot at this original request.”